mercredi, 16 novembre 2011

Visions of Alchemy






First and foremost apologies for the delay in posting. I have finally relocated and settled into London life where there is never a spare moment with the bustle and energy of a happening city. I am still finding myself settling into my home city again and love the fact that I am always discovering new parts of the city, and always kept on my feet; there is never a dull moment.

Last week I attended an opening exhibition of unique sculptures created by Robert Barley held at the Paul Smith furniture & curiosity store on Albemarle Street.
I am intrigued by his work and love the composition of his pieces. It is worth making the visit if you are in the city. Although quite a small exhibition space, it allows you to take time and focus on each; his work reminds me of being a small child again,  fascinated and intrigued by the constructed artworks.

Albemarle street has a great few galleries that always capture my attention as I am on my way to work. They hold my gaze in an unexpected way; the paintings on display exude a strong emotion, each different and unique-I am transported to another world, another life of carefree freedom and imagination. Just for a minute. and then the cold snaps me back to focus!

(Zen I - Fall of the Roman Empire - Magic Carpet Ride - The Bird Alchemist)